During Spring term, most of us have been learning from home remotely.
We have continued to study:
- English (explanation text/setting description/character description/newspaper report)
- Maths (multiplication and division)
- Reading (Kensuke's Kingdom/The Iron Man)
- RE (Hinduism)
- Science (properties of materials)
- Geography (The water cycle)
- Art (drawings influenced by the artists Julian Opie, Henry Moore, Vivienne Westwood)
- Daily PE with Mr Sharpe
Year 4 have been working incredibly hard on their writing whilst learning at home. They have looked at writing explanation texts, character descriptions, setting descriptions, and newspaper reports.
Our explanation texts were linked to our science learning and focused on the four states of matter. We included a heading, subheadings, and technical vocabulary.
Within reading, we have been looking at the text 'Kensukes Kingdom' by Michael Morpurgo. We made predictions, retrieved information from the text, identified powerful vocabulary, and participated in some role-playing activities.
World Book Day.
We’ve also had World Book Day during lockdown (4th March). We had the chance to enter a competition to design a potato book character. Look at our different entries.
We continued to follow the White Rose curriculum looking at multiplication and division.
Within our wider curriculum we have studied a range of subjects including RE, art, geography and science.
SNOW DAY FUN
We had great fun playing in the snow and making snowmen.