Visions and Values
Our school vision is 'Unlocking Potential; Transforming Lives'.
Our Statement of Intent is ‘Unlocking Potential, Transforming lives’. This means that we want to unlock the potential and transform the lives of all members of our school community.
For our children, this may be removing barriers to ensure they approach their secondary education, equipped socially, emotionally and academically; for others it may be unlocking a hidden music skill which shapes their future.
For our staff, this may be providing opportunities to help them progress professionally.
For our parents, this may be removing barriers to help them access adult education.
For our wider community, this may be helping them to attend a school social event to prevent loneliness and encourage volunteering at future events.
To enable us to achieve the above, all members of the school adhere to the Core Values of:
Ready to Learn
Integrity in all that we do.
We actively promote our Core Values of being a St Margaret's Learner through all aspects of our school day.
- Safety is our number 1 priority
- We keep ourselves and each other safe
- We ensure our actions make others feel safe
- We understand how to stay safe online
Ready to Learn
- We meet each opportunity with a learner’s mindset
- We are always ready to learn more
- We learn as much from our setbacks as we do from our achievements
- We are resilient and persistent learners who take risks
- We actively pursue growth and learning
- We embrace and drive new ways to learn and grow
- We help each other and are kind
- We collaborate as learners
- We are curious innovators
- We work together to support our community
- We work together to build understanding and democracy
- We work together to create a better future for our planet
- We believe in ourselves and others
- We are mindful of each other
- We take pride in our work
- We persevere with a challenge
- We are reflective
- We are honest
- We are driven by our values and core purpose
- We take responsibility
- We hold ourselves and others accountable