Visions and Values
Our school vision is 'Unlocking Potential; Transforming Lives'.
St Margaret’s is committed to developing lifelong learners who are responsible citizens that have limitless possibilities for their future. St Margaret’s Primary Academy caters for children between 3 and 11. We are committed to provide children with a safe and stimulating environment which allows them to develop resilience, self-esteem and manage emotions to form positive relationships. Our purposeful, relevant and enquiry-based curriculum provides all our children with the skills and experiences to allow them to embrace an ever changing world.
Through all that we do we aim to:
- Ensure children feel safe and secure and are provided with opportunities to develop high levels of self-esteem, resilience and motivation.
- Ensure everyone is responsible for being a learner and achiever.
- Ensure everybody makes the best possible progress, is ambitious for the future and is given the opportunity to explore a wide range of experiences of the wider world.
- Ensure there is a purposeful, relevant and enquiry-based curriculum with a wide range of opportunities and experiences to meet the children’s needs which develops curious, creative, reflective, life-long learners.
- Ensure all members of the community build positive relationships through effective collaboration and communication to develop compassion and mutual respect.
We actively promote our Core Values of being a St Margaret's Learner through all aspects of our school day.
- Safety is our number 1 priority
- We keep ourselves and each other safe
- We ensure our actions make others feel safe
- We understand how to stay safe online
Ready to Learn
- We meet each opportunity with a learner’s mindset
- We are always ready to learn more
- We learn as much from our setbacks as we do from our achievements
- We are resilient and persistent learners who take risks
- We actively pursue growth and learning
- We embrace and drive new ways to learn and grow
- We help each other and are kind
- We collaborate as learners
- We are curious innovators
- We work together to support our community
- We work together to build understanding and democracy
- We work together to create a better future for our planet
- We believe in ourselves and others
- We are mindful of each other
- We take pride in our work
- We persevere with a challenge
- We are reflective
- We are honest
- We are driven by our values and core purpose
- We take responsibility
- We hold ourselves and others accountable