Read Write Inc
We are a “Get Reading. Keep Reading. Change Everything.” School!
We use the highly successful Read Write Inc. Phonics programme to teach our children to read, write and spell. Our children do well in the phonics screening check and by Year 2, the majority are fluent readers with the best chance of success in the KS1 tests.
Ruth Miskin Training recognise us for teaching the programme with fidelity and passion – we know what it takes to make reading and writing pleasurable and rewarding for our children.
We are very proud to have been accredited for our dedication to the program to ensure every child is making progress.
This badge recognises that we:
- Raise standards in reading and writing for our children
- Are all expertly trained by Ruth Miskin Training
- Gain the latest programme updates through regular visits from our Ruth Miskin Consultant Trainer
- Support our most vulnerable readers with extra one-to-one teaching every day.
How do we teach Read Write Inc?
Read Write Inc. is taught daily for all Early Years and Key Stage 1 children to give them the best start in their education and to promote a love for reading!
A typical RWI session will include:
- Flash card session with rhymes
- Fred talk with Fred fingers
- Green words with sound buttons
- Red words
- Power words/vocabulary
- Read the story
- Build a sentence
We have 5 principles when teaching Read Write Inc. within our school and these are included within every part of our learning. These are:
Here our some pictures of our Children engaged within a purposeful Read Write Inc. Lessons:
For more information:
To visit the parent pages on the Ruth Miskin Training website go to:
To sign up to the Ruth Miskin Training newsletter go to:
You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter for great support with your child's learning.